15 July 2013

The Bucket List and Goal Recap


Hello sweetie! What's the crack?

Have you heard of a Bucket List? I hadn't until I saw the film with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson in it a few years ago. I have a mental list of things to do before I die - but I don't think I have ever say down and written them out. There are some things that I'm not sure if I will ever get to do (visit Iceland, live in a windmill, get over my fear of flying) and some that I am pretty sure I could do tomorrow if I really wanted to (finish the main quest line on Skyrim, sew clothes for me and Zoe, swim under a waterfall). Some things I have ticked off already (ride a horse along the beach, have a baby, visit New York). My friend Dave has a notebook filled with his bucket list, and quite a lot of them have been ticked off! For me, it's finding the time, energy and money to do these things. Real life just seems to get in the way. *sigh*

I received an email this weekend letting me know that Hannah from the very pretty Dainty and Ivory blog (go and have a peek - go on!) had suggested that I might like to take part in the latest moneysupermarket.com competition, all we had to do was list one budget bucket list item, and one extravagant bucket list item. As you know, I'm a big fan of making lists, and seeing as how I was planning on doing a goal catch-up post in the next couple of weeks anyway, I thought that I could combine the two!

So, here are two of my bucket list items:

Budget

 photo scotland_zpsabef5401.jpg
(photo of me and Bidean nam Bian taken by Martin)

Climb Scafell Pike (highest peak in England), Ben Nevis (highest peak in Scotland) and Snowdon (highest peak in Wales) - OK, so we would need money for fuel to get to Ben Nevis and to Snowdon, but I'm sure that we will be having a camping holiday up in Scotland soon anyway - it's one of our favourite places to camp, down Glen Etive, wild camping at its best - only us and the deer. And of course, we both have family near Wales, so again would only need the fuel to get there, a couple of butties and a choccy biccie for the top!

Extravagant

 photo Hirosaki-Castle-Japan_zpsa203a476.jpg

I have wanted to visit Japan since we learned about it in Year 8 at school (so, from when I was about 14 or 15). This wouldn't be your bog-standard backpacking holiday - no sirree!! Visiting all of the wonderful historic sights that Kyoto has to offer, staying overnight in a temple, and of course, staying in a traditional Japanese inn, or ryokan. I would love to visit each of the four main islands; Honshu, Hokkaido, Kyushu, and Shikoku; visit Tokyo, Hiroshima, and see the Cherry Blossoms. Maybe one day, if we save all of our pennies!!

What would be on your bucket list? I think that Beks, Katie and Laura might like to have a go too!!

I figured this was a good time to review my goals for this year as well, as I suppose you could count this as a mini-bucket list?!?! I dunno!

  • Finish blanket and mend the finished one - Well I've mended the first one I made, but I still have to finish the rainbow giant granny square blanket (as it is now called) - this is because I have decided that I want it to be big enough to cover a double bed. So I have quite a way to go yet. It's currently about a metre square.
  •  Cook 1 new recipe per month - er, I haven't really managed this one - more effort needed!! I'm just so knackered when I get in from work I just want to shove something in the oven. But I have a couple of 15 minute meal style books, so I shall dig those out this week.
  • Go to the dentist - I did this!! Yay! And got 10/10 - go me!
  • Create a cleaning schedule - nope, I just still do a massive sweep whenever we have guests coming round. I am trying to do a pick up around the house once Zoe is in bed, so that the mess doesn't get too excessive. Must. Try. Harder.
  • Organise a calendar - Yep - I have a calendar, some stuff is on there, but not everything! And Martin doesn't pay attention to it anyway. 
  • Lose weight - Well I haven't put ON any weight?
  • Learn to knit - Ah knitting - my arch nemesis!! Give me a crochet hook and I'm loving it, pass me knitting needles and I just get in a right state!
  • Set up Etsy & Folksy shops and sell 5 items in 2013 - I've had five sales!!! Yay!! And two of the orders were for two item each, so I have actually sold 7 items! So I would amend this goal, to sell 10 items by the end of the year.
  • Sew a patchwork quilt - I have a pile of cottons upstairs - I just need to site down and cut it all up, then that's a start made at least! I will do it this year!!

What are some of your goals/bucket list items?

post signature

15 comments:

  1. I love this idea! Funnily enough, I was thinking about my bucket list last night. It's not anything I've put down in writing yet, but I was considering whether "get over my arachnophobia" could be a legitimate bucket list entry.

    I really love your goals- partly because they involve exercise and culture. Mine is basically going to read like a menu... "eat this, bake that, more M&Ms, etc." Haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh course it could be! That's a good goal to have - one of mine is to get over my fear of flying. xx

      Delete
  2. I love all of your goals! How exciting would it be to go to Japan!!! I need to finish my crocht blanket, too. Its only about 20cm square right now :( xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so bad at starting project sand not finishing them!! xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Anna! I think your bucket list sounds good, and do-able. I am new to blogging, and a list maker, so I think I will join you. My blog will be up in a couple of days - come visit at My Vintage Vibe.com. Oh, and good luck saving those pennies :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I will keep my eyes peeled for your website - if you want any design doing, I can recommend Jenny from http://www.magicfeatherdesigns.com/ - she is awesome!!

      Delete
  4. oh god I seriously want to go to Japan too! I don't really have a bucket list in my head, but I might come up with one...to keep me organised and clear-sighted. I get very easily distracted by life! :) xoxo

    http://thepersephonecomplex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get so distracted too - I'm always adding things to the list in my head!

      Delete
  5. Great ideas and plans.. your bucket list is similar to mine, climb Snowdon and see Japan. Fantastic! :)
    http://lifeinsidethelocket.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need them to stop being Ideas and Plans and start doing them!!! Thanks xx

      Delete
  6. What a fabulous idea. Japan doesn't appeal to me but I live about 2 hours from Snowden and still haven't climbed that- it is on my list.
    When I was a little girl I wanted to live on a farm at the seaside. Well I now live on a smallholding 5 miles from the sea- nearly. I would like to drive a digger (power!). I'd also like to tour in a vintage V.W. camper van
    ( expensive). Have to sell more artwork to afford the van!
    https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/SueForeyfibreart?ref=si_shop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOhh another of my dreams is to have a VW campervan and travel the world in it!

      Delete
  7. Such a great list, I've always wanted to go to Japan =)

    Hannah
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks love I will go and have a peek now :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...